Here is a pictorial recipe for the Ice Cream Cake that I made this past weekend. It’s so easy. Easier than baking a cake from cake mix. And less dishes. Plus it’s something different that people won’t expect.
- Don’t use too much Cool Whip. Just enough to serve as glue/frosting.
- In-between cake layers feel free to add your favorite candy bar/cookies to add a crunchy layer. I really recommend breaking your candy/cookies up into crumbles. As you can see here, I used long prices of KitKat and it became hard to cut once everything was frozen.
- I personally swear by store-brand ice cream sandwiches. Brand names like “Hood” just don’t taste as good. I go for the cheap box every time.
- Amidst birthday excitement I neglected to photograph one phase, but as you can see from the final picture, you cover the whole cake with a thin layer of Cool Whip (then freeze for a while, just to firm everything up) and then decorate with sprinkles/frosting/candy/candles, etc.
- When it’s time to cut the cake, keep dipping your sharp knife into a glass of hot water.
Happy Not Baking!