I find it annoying that Apple and Amazon Kindle don’t play together well. But I don’t want to complain too loudly because at least – with a little nudging – they will agree to coexist together.
Here’s how to make it work:
1. If you don’t already have it, download the free Kindle app. This first time you’ll need to set up an account that links your amazon purchases to this iPad Kindle app.
2. Using your browser (but not the Amazon app) go to Amazon.com and search for the ebook you’re looking for, probably my book, right? (hint/nudge) and click on “Buy now” (only $2.99? what a bargain!). Just this first time, you will need to enter in your debit/credit card and the email address that you registered your Kindle app with back in step 1.
3. The amazon.com page will confirm that you want to send it to your iPad app.
4. Switch back to the Kindle app and your book will download.
5. Next time you want to purchase a book, you’ll still have to use your browser to go to Amazon.com but it should remember your payment/Kindle account info.
Hope that’s helpful and happy reading!